Method Dental (“MD”) respects your right to privacy and considers all of the information you have provided in this form to be personal information for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (C’th) as amended (“Privacy Act”).
Why Method Dental collects your personal information?
MD collects your personal information primarily to enable it to provide health care services to you in the most appropriate and efficient way. MD, its related companies or agents (“Related Persons”) may also use this information to promote health and related services to you or for other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act.
How MD collects your personal information
Where possible we collect your personal information directly from you and where that is not reasonably practicable we may collect your personal information from other sources. MD may collect personal information directly from you when:
- You complete a medical history form;
- You request information concerning MD’s services in person, by phone or online.
In addition, we may collect personal information from Related Persons or health service providers such as health insurers, government agencies, hospitals, doctors and medical specialists.
We may provide information to Related Persons of MD to assist them in developing and promoting health related products and services that may be of interest to you (unless you ask us not to).
How does MD use your personal information?
MD uses your personal information in accordance with National Privacy Principles. The personal information is used to:
- Provide you with health and related services, including appointments and follow up services;
- Promote the health-related products and services of MD and Related Persons.
By providing your personal information to us in this form or by other means you acknowledge and agree that MD may:
- Collect and use your personal information to provide health and related services to you;
- Collect and use your personal information to contact you for market research and to provide you with
information and offers about health-related products and services offered by MD and Related Persons; and
- Disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to Related Persons who may contact you for
promotional and informational purposes in relation to health-related products and services.
Our staff may contact you on available telephone numbers and email addresses. When our staff contact you and you are not available, they may leave messages which identify the caller or sender and the purpose for which the communication is made.
Whenever you are provided with market research or marketing information by MD or Related Persons you will be offered the opportunity to inform us if you do not want your personal information to be used for those purposes in the future.